As we were finishing the nursery, there was one element that I knew I wanted to add once the baby was here – the name in a banner across the crib, but of course back then, we didn’t know the gender, and we certainly didn’t have a name yet!
I took some scrap fabric in soft green and gray (the nursery wall is yellow), and printed the letters in regular paper, then traced and cut out on my fabric. Pinned the 2 sides together and hand stitched all around, leaving a hole to fill in stuffing. Added a ribbon to tie it all together! Fairly simple, but took me awhile as my fabric was pretty soft, so it was a bit hard to maneuver. If i was to re-do this project, i would add a Heat and Bond layer to stiffen up the fabric, and honestly just use a sewing machine!
Here it is hanging over the crib, and of course my little model!